Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Great Rebuild

I've been blogging rather consistently this month.

As I've blogged I've wondered what this blog should be.

I've kind of decided:  it will be the story of 2014.  2014:  Year of the Goal.  2014:  Year of the Great Rebuild.  Hopefully not 2014, Year of Tears and Gnashing of Teeth . . .yes, that was sarcasm.  :)

Questions I'm asking myself are things like this:  should I blog this blog for a set amount of time and then switch to a better format, one with graphics and links to other blogs?  Should I try to do series like some people or just go off the cuff like I have been?

For now I'm staying plain as peas.  Why?  Well, I like to read books and they almost always have great cover art but once you get inside it's just black and white.  So I'm going to trust that if someone starts to read my blog and likes what I have to say they will stay for the content, not for whatever graphics I might be able to find.  I barely have time for content, let alone time to find awesome graphics!

And I'm going to make a list of goals that I'd like to accomplish this year SOMEWHERE and I'll think about them and talk to Hubby about them and then I may publish that master list here on the blog and use that as a rough calendar guide . . .but then again, maybe I won't.

I think this will end up being part journal, part goal setting/accomplishing strategies and part "What it's like to rebuild your life when circumstances have changed your game plan up completely!"

And here are some more questions:

Should I continue to talk about Bipolar II if I change to a "better" blog format in the future?  Should I actually ever link my Facebook profile to this blog?  I don't think many of the people that I know "in real life" are aware of my actual diagnosis except for my family and the people of my hometown who witnessed how wretched I was during the time that my first episode swept me off my feet in more of a violent hurricane sort of way than a "prince with a princess" sort of way.

It might be helpful to other people with Bipolar if I talk about it, or to the families of people with Bipolar if I talk about it.  Granted every person with Bipolar has a different story, but we do share similarities.

Well, it looks like my fifteen minutes of pondering the future . . .my Great Rebuild . . .are up.  I'll touch base with you soon.

Be Well,

~ Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment