Thursday, January 23, 2014

Choosing to Be Thankful Even Though This Wasn't The Best Day Ever

I am posting this early because I am sick and I don't anticipate blogging tomorrow.

I'll be playing "catch-up" with cleaning up the kitchen.  I made chicken and rice soup.  There's a mess in the kitchen but I'm just not up to cleaning it.

No one else in the family is up to cleaning the mess up either.

My three youngest kids are sick and my firstborn is totally worn out from a crazy week of rehearsing for a play she's in this weekend.

It was freezing today.  Poor Hubby worked outside in this all day long . . .the windchill was awful.

I would like to have some really great insight but no . . .

All I can say is this  "kids feel better when you serve them their get-better honey tea in honest to goodness tea-cups."

And people won't always eat your chicken soup but . . .they'll remember you cooked for them.

And it is really impossible to load a dishwasher and hold a sick toddler at the same time so . . .

You want to hear something funny?

I felt loved today because Hubby keeps my side of the garage clean so I can always park inside.  Yay!

And I also felt loved when I went outside and felt the frigid air and knew that he was outside working for me and the kiddos.  It was awful weather today!

I didn't ask him to clean for me because I know he's totally beat, too.  A different kind of beat, but still.

Talk to you all Later.

~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment