Tuesday, January 28, 2014

One of "Those" Days . . .and Why I Call My Friends Every Now and Then

I knew it was going to be one of "those" days before I even got out of bed this morning.

For one thing, I had to be up late and then get up early . . .never a good sign.

We have some bills to pay that we can't pay right now.  Hubby was supposed to get paid on Monday but a client complained and so Hubby won't get paid until Boss gets a chance to look at the work and see if the client has a valid complaint or not.  I, obviously, don't think so.  Hubby does this kind of work all the time and is good at what he does.  But the point is, no dinero for us until this issue is resolved.

I have to take our son to the doctor today.  He was playing a little too rough with some of his classmates and got pushed to the ground hard enough that it broke his collarbone.  Really!?!  I mean, really!

The unfairness of it all welled up in my throat this morning and great waves of despair wanted to sweep over me.  I tried to call a new friend here.  No answer.  I tried an old friend from years ago.  No answer.

Now there is a reason I tried to call them . . .and I'll get into that soon . . .but first, let me tell you more about my day . . .

I settled for trying to do my dishes and then when Littlest didn't appreciate the gesture I sat and looked at books with her.

And oddly, the phone rang.  So while I talked to the new friend I got the rest of the dishwasher loaded!  Yay.

And then after that I was so tired but I thought that maybe I should have a snack.  I did.  I lost my motivation and drive.  I started reading a book on my kindle that is quite fluffy and I already know exactly how it will end . . .but that's okay.  I still want to see the main character succeed, if you know what I mean.

And then the phone rang.  It was my "old" friend calling.  She talked to me long enough for me to get a load of laundry folded and put away and another started.

Yes, talking is truly great.  It lets me be two people.  The hands that do and the brain that is elsewhere engaged.  It is a beautiful thing.

Does it work that way for you?

Here's hoping you aren't having one of "those" days!

Love,

~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment