Thursday, January 9, 2014

Goals = An Epiphany

Last night I crawled into bed later than I wanted to because  . . . well, because I had to go get the kids from youth group at 9:30 and then I really wanted a yummy breakfast casserole to eat this morning and had to finish making it when I got home and THEN I had to clean up the kitchen because I didn't want to get up to a messy kitchen.

I drug myself out of bed this morning on time.  I was sweet to Hubby;  I went out and prayed with the two older kids before the bus came.  They actually ate a hot, nutritious breakfast.

I read my Bible.  I got halfway through my ten minutes of prayer and then Baby Girl showed up.  Since she is at potty-training stage I immediately whisked her away to the bathroom and read to her while she worked on her goal:  learning how to potty like a BIG girl.

Then Hubby swung by the house for something he'd forgotten.  Found that item.  Got my homeschooling child breakfast, did devotions with her, started her on math . . .

Realized HOW SLEEPY I WAS and thought that maybe exercise would wake me up.  Set the timer for 15 minutes and we stretched, raced around a bit . . .STILL SLEEPY!  

Made coffee.  Decided to blog while Homeschooling Child and Baby Girl hang out . . .

So how am I doing with my goal?

January's Goal:  Get up by seven every day in January.

 I am doing fine, I guess, when I look at it that way.  A+, actually.

So today's Ephiphany looks like this:  Thou shalt not pile extra upon thyself; if thou art up to doing  extra, great.  If not . . .relax and enjoy life!

You see, it's when I start piling other stuff on top of that goal that I start to think "Oh, no!  I am not doing so great!"

The temptation for me is to pile great big expectations upon myself.

Getting up by seven every day in January is NOT ENOUGH.  I must also

~ establish a morning routine and cross everything off of that list EVERYDAY
~ buy ONLY healthy and ON SALE food
~ Blog in a witty and consistent manner.  Daily!
~ Be nice to Hubby and Children.  Always!
~ Find New Friends because we just moved here and I am lonely.   Find them NOW!!!!
~ Find awesome recipes, pin them;  cook them.  File them in a "real" cookbook.  Put them on a calendar so I have my meals planned for the YEAR.

It's time for me to Stop, Drop the Expectations and Relax and Enjoy Life so that my little family can enjoy life, too.  :)

I hope you are all relaxed at your house!  I'm still itching a little to go out there and push myself really hard to DO MORE STUFF but I'm trying really hard not to give into that urge because a tired Momma that can't do anything is not useful to anybody.  So for now the plan is to go, make a list of what HAS to be done and do only that.  And if I accidentally get some energy, by George, I'll let myself do more.  Now:

Be Well, My Friends,

~ Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment