Tuesday, February 4, 2014

On Perimenopause

So this past week I was feeling just awful.  As in I spent most of Saturday doing nothing even though I knew we were having people over on Sunday for the Super Bowl party and normally I'd be cleaning and prepping food like a manic.

But I HURT.  It felt like sharp, rolling pains in my abdomen.

Finally I decided to do some googling.  I have always been one of those people who found her period inconvenient, but not painful.  But in November the days before my period were a definite pain.  And in December I thought that if the pain didn't subside I should probably call my doctor and see if there was something seriously wrong.

Now it's the tail end of January and so this is what I typed in "painful periods as age increases"

This is what I found:  click  here

Oh. My. Goodness.

If ever there was a reason to exercise and eat right, I think I've found it!  Holy smokes.  Who knew?

Now as for WHEN this happens, click here

Click here to see what Dr. Oz has to say about perimenopause.

And what if my period doesn't come after all this annoying pain?  Well, I found a link on that, too.  Click here

So I guess there's a lot more to aging gracefully than getting myself a red hat and purple sweater.

Add bipolar to the mix and it gets even more confusing. . .

I guess my game plan is to exercise, take fish oil, take a good multi-vitamin for women and start working on learning nutrition a little better.  That last one is hard!

Have a great day and good luck figuring this out if you are in the midst of it!

~ Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment