Monday, February 3, 2014

Note to Self when Sick

Perhaps the most comforting thing that I can remember when I am feeling down is this:  you are sick.   When you are sick, you aren't operating the way you want to be.

And I need to remember that it's okay to be sick and it's okay that I am not always operating the way I want to operate.

Our worth as human beings is not dependent on what we can produce.  I believe God gives us a desire to "do" things, but He doesn't love us based on how clean the house is, or how awesome our cooking skills are . . .

Again and again in the Bible we see that God has a soft spot for hurting, down and out sorts.  Just today I read about the woman who washed Jesus's feet with her tears.  She had a TERRIBLE reputation.  And yet she had love and that was what was most important.

When we are feeling terrible and maybe we don't understand why and we can't understand why we can't just make ourselves go through the motions and "feel" better . . .maybe we need to step back and realize that perhaps there is something more going on than meets the eye.

Usually with me I get through that time and I realize that I was under a lot of stress or that it was just before my period or something to that effect.  And once again I realize that it was a temporary thing, too, and not worth me beating myself up over.

It's amazing how much I CAN accomplish when I feel good . . .and amazing how little when I don't feel good.

So here's to you,  no matter if you are feeling good or not today.  I hope you are kind to yourself and remember that your worth is not in your accomplishments.

~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment