Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Gift I'm Giving my Toddler

Do you remember the story about Princess Aurora?  All the fairies gave her gifts at her christening.  I believe they were things like beauty and song.

But I want to give my baby the gift of . . . the gift of . . .

Organization!

So that is what is going to motivate me to go through her toys and get them all in containers and make it possible for her to put everything away because things will all have a place.

There's no way to keep things properly put away unless those things have a place.

My Hubby has said, more than once, that he wishes he had been made to keep his room tidy and to do his laundry in a timely manner, etc.  And so, my dear . . .my lovely child . . .let us go to your room together.

Let us box up the things that have no home and keep them boxed up until we can find them a home.

And in the meantime, let us make your bed daily and daily pick up the trash and daily let us be tidy. 

Go ahead and make a mess and be creative during the day.  We'll make forts that you can leave messes in overnight.  I'll let you paint in the bathtub and make mudpies and splash in puddles.  I want you to explore and enjoy learning what this big world has to offer.

But  before bed, when it's time to wind down for the night, we will have a quick tidy time.  Together.  With a good attitude.  Because I love you.

~ Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment