Tuesday, March 11, 2014

An Indian Eggplant Recipe

I'm not Indian and don't really know how to cook the way they do BUT

So the other day I was at the grocery store and saw one of these microwavable dinners.  This one happened to be Eggplant, Indian Style.

I decided to bring it home and try it.  I liked it.

So I did this to see if I could copy the taste somewhat successfully.  I was pretty pleased but since I haven't eaten tons of Indian food you might want to tweak it a bit . . .

1  Eggplant
1 clove garlic
1/2 an onion

Chop eggplant, garlic and onion.  Saute in olive oil until translucent.  Throw some curry and chile powder or cumin in.  Salt to taste.

Add in a can of tomatoes.  I did rotel but I won't do that again as it made it way too spicy for my palate.  But I probably will add some diced jalepenos to the finished produce for my own personal heat.

And throw in a small handful of lentils for texture.

There you have it.  Easy, not expensive and pretty tasty.  I ate mine with crusty bread because I needed the bread to cut the hot but you could probably serve it over rice, too . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment