Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Pain, My Problem

Not really.  My pain IS my problem, yes.

But it is also my husband's pain;  it's my kids pain.

That's why self-care is so necessary.  Because it isn't really "all about me."  It's all about me being the me who can be there for others.

We are hard-wired for connection.  That's what science tells us.  But when we are in pain, we isolate.

I have felt before that I should not be around others when I am "at my worst."  I feel that I have nothing to offer.  And maybe I don't have much to offer, except that being around other people helps me to heal and then . . .then I can be the person I want to be.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to dash these words off. . .maybe because the days are shorter and colder now and I want to just stay inside and isolate myself from the rest of the world and I know that's just not an option if I want to be the best me that I can be.

Here's to you being the best you that you can be, too!

~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment